How well do you know the marketing industry? Do you need a way to take that paper from a “B” to an “A”, looking for a great topic for your blog, or a way to impress that recruiter? Our Marketing Intel links can help you to become a marketing whiz.
Marketing and Advertising News
- AdAge: A publication focused on digital marketing and advertising including B2B, data, and digital marketing.
- AdWeek: A popular publication looking at trends in marketing and advertising.
- Digiday: A leading modern media publication and events company, a daily must-read among influencers obsessed with the bleeding edge of media and marketing.
- TechCrunch: An advertising website focused on technology and startups.
- Trend Hunter: The most popular collection of cutting edge ideas, fueled by 182,000 insatiably curious people.
- FindSpark: An online community dedicated to setting up young professionals for career success.
- What is Programmatic Advertising? The Ultimate Guide
- An Introvert's Guide to Networking - NYTimes.com
- 5 Quotes from Billionaire Mark Cuban That Will Inspire You to Work Your A-- Off
- The Undercover Interviewer: "Do You Have Any Questions for Me?" - LinkedIn
- How To Dodge Perfectionist's Burnout
- 4 way to build influence at work, no matter what your job title
Do you know what BR is? How about CRM, DM, GA, or SEO? There are so many acronyms in marketing and business. Check out some of the most common acronyms, and go here for the full detailed list:
BR – Bounce Rate. The percentage of people who land on a page on your website and then leave without clicking on anything else or navigating to any other pages on your site.
CRM – Customer Relationship Management. A set of software programs that lets companies keep track of everything they do with their existing and potential customers.
DM – Direct Mail. The delivery of advertising material to recipients of postal mail; also called "junk mail" by its recipients. Direct mail is a dubious investment for most businesses.
GA – Google Analytics. A service by Google that generates detailed statistics about a website's traffic and traffic sources, and measures conversions and sales
SEO – Search Engine Optimization. Techniques that help your website rank higher in organic search results, making your website more visible to people who are looking for your brand, product, or service via search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
What is SEO?
Here's a brief, easy-to-understand video about SEO, thanks to the folks at Shopify.